Back to main menu | to historical-architechtural sights
of the State Chamber, 1897-1898. Preservation #1675 | Foto
26 Shevchenko St.
built after the project of the Petersburg architects. The elevations of the
building are in the Electric style.
It is stone, two-storied, on socle (with semi-basement), rectangular in plan, with a projection inside the northern elevation. The elevations are rusticated, the horizontal articulations are accented with profiled level cornices. The principal cornice is with a big protrusion, profiled, with modulions. The entrance in the main, eastern elevation is decorated in the form of the portal with Doric collumns, entablature and triglyph and metopes and profiled principle cornice with a big protrusion. The windows of the socle and the second floors are rectangular, of the first floor - with a semi-circular tie plate. The floors are wooden in beams. The planning is corridor with two-sided location of the rooms. There are stairs in the northern and south-western parts of the building. The roof is hipped on the wooden rafter, the roofing is iron.
On the elevation of the building there are two memorial plates, resembling about location of the first revolutionary institutions of the city there:
one of them is with the emblem (there is a sickle and a hammer, a rifle and a propeller interweaved with a ribbon against a backgroung of the five-point star); another one is with a picture of the profile of a Red Army man, and with the inscription: "There was the uezd's revolutionary committee in this building in 1920". The monument is a typical example of the Electic style public building of the time of the industrial rise.
Памятники градостроительства и архитектуры Украинской ССР; (Ил. справ.-каталог): В 4-х т./ Гл. редкол.: Н.Л. Жариков (гл. ред.) и др. - К.: Будівельник, 1983-1986
Translated by Yana Anufriyeva
mail to: email@example.com