Back to main menu | to historical-architechtural sights

Frantsyskans'kyi Monastery - Cells (the house of member of higher orders of clergy), 1753. Preservation #744/2 | Foto
8 Frantsyskans'ka St.

It had been the cells of the Mоnаstery till 1799. It sides with the northern elevation of the Frаntsyskans'kyi Roman Catholic Church. It was reconstructed in 1833, according to the project of architect S.Uchta. At the end of the XVIII century, a small warm church was established on the first floor.
It is two-storied, rectangular in plan. Wide walls of the ancient building are stone, plastered with revetment of separate lots by bricks, the later building - the first floor over the northern part - is made of plaster blocks (the XX century). Semicircular vaults have remained in some lodgements. The western elevation is enriched by 6-column porticos of the Tuscan order on a high socle, built on in the middle of the XIX century in the Classicism style.

Памятники градостроительства и архитектуры Украинской ССР; (Ил. справ.-каталог): В 4-х т./ Гл. редкол.: Н.Л. Жариков (гл. ред.) и др. - К.: Будівельник, 1983-1986


Translated by Yana Anufriyeva
mail to: [email protected]