Back to main menu | to archeological sights | show on the map
13.The Ancient Settlement
The Settlement functionated as the outpost for protection of
Galyts'ko-Volyns'ki lands from the East. In 1888, Y.Sitsyns'kyi carried out
the excavations on the Settlement. The things from the Settlement are in the
Krakiw museum. The Settlement is pear-shaped in its plan. On the narrow edge,
at 105 m distance the Settlement is crossed by a swell. The total length of
the Settlement from the Cape to the double swell is 410 m, its width in the
widest place is 210 m. Behind the double swell, which separates the Settlement
from the crest of the mountain, at 82 m distance there is one more swell, which
cuts the mountain from northeast to southwest.
According to the Order of the Executive Committee of Khmel'nyts'ka Oblast' Council from 5.05.1974, No.143, a border of the reserved area was established in radius of 50 m there. The plantings also belong to the reserved area.
by Yana Anufriyeva
mail to: email@example.com