Back to main menu | to archeological sights | show on the map
11. The Early Paleolithic Location of the Flint Goods
The Acheulian flint goods were found by archaeologists, P. Boryskovs'kyi,
in 1953, and O. Chernysh, in 1965. The materials of the research are in the
Institute of Archaeology of Academy of Science of Ukraine.
Luka-Vrublivets'ka is a significant monument of reorganization of people of the Early Paleolith within the territory of Ukraine. In this period the process of distinguishing of man from the world of animals was finished. At that time, the first implements, made of stone, wood and bones were produced, the simplest labour skills appeared, producing clothes and building of dwelling are among them. The basis of social organization was also developed in that period and ideological conceptions were conceived.
The territory of the stone goods of Acheulian Period occupies the terrace, 2 km long and 0.5 km wide. The level of the terrace becomes lower southward, to the present bed of the Dnister River. The goods were found among the natural fragments, total number of which is 80 things. They are subdivided into several chronological groups, different by their technical and technological parameters and their condition. The most ancient and the largest by number of finds group make up greatly rolled goods of archaic look. The hand cutter, nucleuses, flinders and plates are among the finds. The cutter is almond-shaped. The working edges of it are slightly curled. There is a little mill crust on its back surface, which forms a heel.
According to the Order of the Executive Committee of Khmel'nyts'ka Oblast' Council from 5.05.1974, No.143, a border of the reserved area was established in radius of 50 meters there. It is the territory, protected by the Dnister River from the South.
by Yana Anufriyeva
mail to: email@example.com